“The medium is the message” is a phrase coined by Marshall McLuhan meaning that the form of a medium embeds itself in the message, so that the medium influences how the message is perceived.
Physical presence and voice are the medium that impact a message in subtle yet powerful ways. A voice that is monotone, strident, breathy, high pitched or blocked and presence that is not centered and projected will distort the message and disconnect from the audience.
Working one-on-one with Penny provides personalized coaching that is tailored to your individual needs and potential. Penny’s ingenious methodology establishes authentic presence and draws the natural voice out of every individual, so that there is an emotional connection to words. This creates a dynamic medium for communicating a clear message that will inspire and influence others.
Through progressive sessions, you will gain:
- Pronounced improvement in your vocal range and resonance
- A five point centering technique that will allow you to connect to others with greater impact and presence
- Breathing techniques
- Demonstrate greater confidence
- Techniques to energize your language so that what you say is heard in the way you intend
- Techniques to manage nerves
- Techniques for shaping your content — how to tell a story
- Techniques for grounding yourself so that you can field difficult questions
- Knowing how to always “hit your mark”, hold your focus and be top of your game